LeEco Terms of Service and Privacy
Persons under the age of 14 are not permitted to register for a LeEco account, subscription or membership, or purchase LeEco Compatible Devices, Content Services or LeEco Content, and may only access, use or view (as applicable) LeEco Compatible Devices, Content Services or LeEco Content under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
3. Membership, Free Trials, Billing and Cancellation
- Ongoing Membership. Your LeEco memberships (each, a “membership”), which may start with a free trial, will continue unless and until you cancel the membership or we terminate it. You must have Internet access and provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment (as such may be updated from time to time, “Payment Method”) to access and view LeEco Content and to use the Content Services. We will bill the applicable membership fee to your Payment Method. You must cancel your membership before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next period's membership fees to your Payment Method.
- Your LeEco membership may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your membership will last for the duration specified during sign-up. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply. Free trials are for new and certain former members only. LeEco reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your free trial eligibility.
- We will begin billing your Payment Method for membership fees at the end of the free trial period of your membership unless you cancel prior to the end of the free trial period. To view the specific details of your membership, including membership price and end date of your free trial period, visit our website and log in to your account.
- You will not receive a notice from us that your free trial period has ended or that the paying portion of your membership has begun. “LOG IN” TO YOUR LEECO ACCOUNT TO FIND CANCELLATION INSTRUCTIONS. We will continue to bill your Payment Method for your membership fee until you cancel in accordance with cancellation instructions.
- Recurring Billing. By starting your LeEco membership and providing or designating a Payment Method, you authorize us to charge you a membership fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the LeEco Content or Content Services, to your Payment Method. You acknowledge that the amount billed each period may vary for reasons that may include differing amounts due to promotional offers, including gift card redemption and promotional code redemption, and/or changing or adding a plan, and you authorize us to charge your Payment Method for those varying amounts, which may be billed in one or more charges..
- No Refunds. PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL BE ISSUED FOR PARTIALLY USED PERIODS. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current billing period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our members (“credits”). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
- Payment Methods. You may edit your Payment Method information by logging in to your LeEco account on our LeEco website. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Method information or cancel your account (see, “Cancellation” below), you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Cancellation. You may cancel your LeEco membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the LeEco Content through the end of your billing period. WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL MEMBERSHIP PERIODS OR UNWATCHED MOVIES OR TV SHOWS. To cancel, log in to your LeEco account and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, log in to your LeEco account. If you signed up for LeEco using your account with a third party as a Payment Method, and wish to cancel your LeEco membership at any time, including during your free trial, you may need to do so through that third party, including by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from, the Content Services through that third party. You may also find billing information about your LeEco membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party.
- Gift Cards & Promotions. LeEco may authorize gift cards for the Content Services to be made available for purchase at third-party retail outlets and websites or otherwise make available other types of promotional codes, including those provided as part of a third party promotion. If LeEco authorizes the sale of such gift cards or other promotions, then the purchase and redemption of the gift cards other promotional codes will be subject to additional terms made available at such time.
4. Content Services and LeEco Content
4. Passwords & Account Access
- The Content Services and LeEco Content are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your LeEco membership, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Content Services and view LeEco Content on a streaming-only basis for that purpose. LeEco may, in its sole discretion, also grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to download certain LeEco Content. Except for the limited license in this paragraph, no right, title or interest will be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances.
- You may view LeEco Content through the Content Services only in locations where we offer our service. The content that may be available to watch may vary by geographic location. LeEco may, in its sole discretion, use technologies to verify your geographic location. THE NUMBER OF DEVICES ON WHICH YOU MAY SIMULTANEOUSLY WATCH IS LIMITED. Currently, the number of devices is limited to two (2) devices on which you may simultaneously watch LeEco Content, and the number of authorized devices that may be associated with your account is four. The number of authorized devices and devices available for simultaneous streams may change from time to time at our discretion.
- We periodically update the Content Services, including the LeEco Content. In addition, we periodically test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, service levels, plans, promotional features, availability of movies and television shows, delivery and pricing. We reserve the right to do so, and by using our service you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we offer and operate the Content Services and which LeEco Content we offer.
- The availability of LeEco Content to watch will change from time to time, and from country to country. The quality of the display of the streaming LeEco Content may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD and Ultra HD availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all LeEco Content is available in HD or Ultra HD and not all plans allow you to receive HD or Ultra HD content. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content, which is defined as 720p or better. A download speed of at least 25.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive Ultra HD content, which is defined as resolution greater than 1080p. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. LeEco makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your viewing experience on your display or device. The time it takes to begin watching a movie or TV show will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the movie or TV show you have selected and the configuration of your LeEco ready device.
- LeEco streaming software is developed by, or for, LeEco and is designed to enable streaming of content from LeEco through LeEco Compatible Devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. BY USING THE CONTENT SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO RECEIVE, WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OR PROMPTING, UPDATED VERSIONS OF THE LEECO SOFTWARE AND RELATED THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE. WE DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OR OTHERWISE WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OF LEECO COMPATIBLE DEVICES, INCLUDING THE CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY OF ANY LEECO COMPATIBLE DEVICE WITH CONTENT SERVICES. By using the Content Services, you agree to look solely to the entity that manufactured and/or sold you the device you are using to access the Content Services or the LeEco Content for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the Content Services or performance in streaming the LeEco Content. If your LeEco Compatible Device is sold, lost or stolen, please deactivate the LeEco Compatible Device. If you fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may access the Content Services through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information. To deactivate a device, log in to your LeEco account and follow the deactivation instructions.
- The member who created the LeEco account and whose Payment Method is charged is referred to here as the Account Owner. The Account Owner has access and control over the LeEco account. The Account Owner's control is exercised through use of the Account Owner's password. Accordingly, to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting LeEco Customer Service and potentially altering the Account Owner's control, the Account Owner should not reveal the Payment Method details (the last four digits of their credit or debit card or their email address if they use PayPal) associated with their account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the Content Services, LeEco may implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the Account Owner and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the Content Services, which includes accessing via LeEco Compatible Devices or website.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the LeEco website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. LeEco reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. LeEco is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on the account by either a representative of LeEco or by the automated processes of LeEco.
- Applications. You may encounter third-party applications (including, without limitation, websites, widgets, software, or other software utilities) (“Application(s)”) that interact with the Content Services. These Applications may import data related to your LeEco account and activity and otherwise gather data from you. These Applications are provided solely as a convenience to you, and LeEco is not responsible for such Applications. SUCH APPLICATIONS ARE OWNED OR OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO WITH OR SPONSORED BY LEECO AND MAY NOT BE AUTHORIZED FOR USE WITH OUR SERVICE IN ALL COUNTRIES. USE OF AN APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN OPTION AND RISK.
6. Disclaimers of Warranties.
7. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LEECO, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR PRINCIPALS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, CORRUPTION OR LOSS OF DATA, FAILURE TO TRANSMIT OR RECEIVE ANY DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE LEECO CONTENT OR CONTENT SERVICES OR THE LEECO SOFTWARE OR ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE LEECO COMPATIBLE DEVICES OR CONTENT SERVICES, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF LEECO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall LeEco's total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of two hundred and fifty dollars (U.S. $250.00). These limitations are intended to apply even if the foregoing remedy is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
- THE CONTENT SERVICES, ALL LEECO CONTENT, AND ANY OTHER FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTENT SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY, GUARANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. LEECO DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT SERVICES OR VIEWING OF LEECO CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. LEECO SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR THE USE OF APPLICATIONS, LEECO COMPATIBLE DEVICES, CONTENT SERVICES, LEECO CONTENT AND LEECO SOFTWARE (INCLUDING THEIR CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY WITH CONTENT SERVICES). LEECO AND LEECO'S LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS “LEECO” FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION 8) HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LEECO SOFTWARE AND SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
- WITHOUT LIMITATION OF SECTION 8(a) AND THE OTHER SUBSECTIONS OF THIS SECTION 8, LEECO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN, OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY, THE LEECO SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE LEECO SOFTWARE AND CONTENT SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT ANY SERVICE WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE, THAT DEFECTS IN THE LEECO SOFTWARE OR CONTENT SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE LEECO SOFTWARE WILL BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES. INSTALLATION OF LEECO SOFTWARE MAY AFFECT THE AVAILABILITY AND USABILITY OF THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES, AS WELL AS LEECO PRODUCTS AND CONTENT SERVICES.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. Arbitration Agreement; Dispute Resolution; Class Action Waiver; Electronic Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver.