- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information to personalize your experience of the LeEco Services and to provide and improve our services and products.
We collect the following information from the users of LeEco services:
- personal information, by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number; and
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP address, some types of profile information and content that you post on our website/application.
The following are the types of information we collect:
- Information that you provide to LeEco.
- We collect information you enter in your use of LeEco Services or give us, our Affiliates or business partners. For example, when you create an account or a profile on a LeEco Service, or sign up for a subscription, we will ask you for information such as your name, birthdate, address, phone number, email address, password and other relevant information. When you order a product or paid service from LeEco, we may ask for your name, contact information, shipping and billing address(es), and payment card information in order to process your orders and provide you with the products and services you requested. When you communicate with others, ask questions or make comments through LeEco Services or when you synchronize data (e.g. photos, contact lists, other materials or data), we may transmit or store the information on our systems. We also collect the information you provide to us when you contact us via email, phone, or social media.
- When you participate in our online sale promotions or surveys, we may ask you for information such as your phone number, email address, occupation, and other information relevant to the promotion survey.
- Third-party Services. We collect some information from third-party services (e.g., social media services) when you use your credentials for these services to log into a LeEco Service or otherwise link your LeEco account with the third-party service.
- Information we obtain from your use of LeEco Services. We collect information about how you use LeEco Services, when you visit our websites, use our software, or interact with our devices. The information we collect about your use of LeEco Services is in a form that does not personally identify you unless we obtain your consent. This information includes:
- Device and user activity information. We may collect:
- Device information such as IMEI number, device ID and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, device operating system, Internet protocol (IP) addresses; system and performance information; and settings of the device you use to access LeEco Services.
- Details of how you use LeEco Services, such as the apps you use or the search query terms you enter.
- Log information, such as the time and duration of your use of the LeEco Services, devices events such as crash events, log files, hardware settings, and source and referral URLs.
- Location-based data. When you use LeEco Services, we may collect information about your location by, for example, using information about your device, including GPS information, Wi-Fi signals, IP address or other unique identifiers. This location data may be used by LeEco and our partners to provide and improve location-based products and services, including advertising and other personalized content.
- Video data. When you activate your use of video within a LeEco Service, you consent to our collection of information regarding the videos accessed. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please disable use of the video-related LeEco service through your device’s system settings. If you do so, however, some of the LeEco Services may not function correctly if the video-related LeEco services are disabled.
- LeEco also may collect other information about you, your devices, or your use of LeEco Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. We may also de-identify or aggregate information collected through the LeEco Services.
For the purposes of this policy, “personal information” means any information relating to an individual which directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with us, is capable of identifying the individual and includes, without limitation name, gender, city and other information such as profession, profile photos uploaded and profile information supplied by users.
We do not, however, collect ‘sensitive personal data or information' which consists of information relating to:
- financial information such as bank account or credit or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history; and
- biometric information.
Provided that, any information freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to allow us to efficiently process your transactions; to provide, maintain, protect, and improve LeEco Services; and to develop new services and products. We may use information we collect across all LeEco Services you use. We may also use this information to personalize LeEco Services and to help us deliver personalized services, content, and advertising of interest to you. For example, we may use your information to send you communications and respond to your requests, to make it easier for you to share information and content (such as content uploaded through social media), to verify your age or identity, and for security, error reporting, service restriction, loss prevention, and anti-fraud purposes, and to help us to create, to develop, to operate, to deliver and to improve our products, services, content and advertising. We may also use information we collect for internal purposes such as auditing, analysis of your online activities over time, and research to improve the LeEco Services and customer communications.
- DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
At times, LeEco may share information with our Affiliates, partners, or vendors that help us provide LeEco Services, including to process payments, analyze data, provide customer service, and help LeEco market and advertise to you. These third parties may be located anywhere in the world, including outside of your country of residence.
We also may work with partners to help us deliver LeEco ads to you on third-party websites, applications, or devices. We may share information we collect from you with these partners. To deliver these ads, our partners may collect information about you, your devices, and your use of LeEco Services. This information may include information about your visits to websites and use of applications provided by LeEco and others, your IP address, your Internet service provider, and the browser that you use to visit our websites.
We may be required by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from international, national, federal, state, public, and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence to disclose information. We may also disclose information we collect if we determine that for purposes of national security, public safety, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also share or disclose de-identified or aggregated information that does not identify specific individuals with our service providers or other third parties for any purpose.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 years of age. If a child has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may send an email message to Privacy-IN@le.com with "Request for Child Information Removal" on the subject line and information sufficient for us to remove information about the child in the body of the message. We will then take steps to delete the child’s information.
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We care about the security of your information and take steps to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Although we have adopted reasonable measures to protect your personal information, no protection measure is 100% failure-proof. If you become aware of any technical vulnerability affecting LeEco Services or have any concerns, please email us at Privacy-IN@le.com.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING INFORMATION
You may have certain rights regarding the information we maintain about you. If you choose to decline to share certain information with us, request the correction or deletion of some of the information we collect or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionality of the LeEco Services.
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your LeEco account. LeEco may be required to retain information we collect by law or may be permitted to retain it for legitimate business purposes even if you submit a request for correction or deletion. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access, correction, or deletion is not required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting us at Privacy-IN@le.com.
You may disable the collection of exact location information from your device by changing the settings on your device, however, if you do not provide your exact location information, the LeEco Services may not function correctly or at all.
- THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER AND ACCESS; USERS FROM OUTSIDE INDIA
- APPLICABLE LAW